Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Greenlawn Cemetery this weekend and June Campout

Parents and scouts

Please remember that this weekend we are placing flags on the grave of union solders at the Greenlawn cemetery [Circle M]  see this map.

We will meet at the church at 8:30 am on Saturday morning and head to Greenlawn.  Please wear Class A uniform on this event.  We should be done about 12:30 pm.  I will not be able to go on this event – I have my daughter coming into town for a wedding reception. 

As for the June Campout to Gettysburg, I will be making reservations of the bus tour this Friday.  If you are wanting to go and have not turned in your permission slip PLEASE let me know by Friday noon.  If I don’t get your info I will try to make your reservations after next Tuesday – but no guarantee.  Just give me an email stating you will go and turn your permission slip in next Tuesday and I will add you to the list.  The cost for the weekend [$72.00] at Gettysburg includes fuel charge, bus tour, visitor center movie and viewing of Cyclorama  as well as camping and food at camp.  We will give each of you $5 both to and from Gettysburg for lunch on the road. If you want more than that plan accordingly.  If you want any souvenirs that also will be extra.

Don’t forget to let me know and then turn in your forms and payment.

Have a great weekend and enjoy your Memorial day as well. 

Remember that next Tuesday we change to Class B uniforms for the summer [unless you have a Scoutmaster Conference or Board of Review or Court of Honor] and if you need a Troop 136 Class B shirt we have them for $7.00 each.

Sincerely,


Kirk Bohanan
Scoutmaster Troop 136

No comments:

Post a Comment