Thursday, July 18, 2019

Upcoming dates

Good evening!

Storage and shed cleaning:
We will meet at the church on Saturday at 9 am to begin the storage and shed cleaning.  We need about 5-6 scouts and a few additional adults.  I know that Roland, Ron, John and myself will be there.  Plan to bring a water bottle.  It will be hot for those helping with the shed.  I think we can finish the shed in less than an hour, so we will move inside to get out of the heat.  Here is a link to sign up to help with the cleaning of the shed and storage area.

PLC Planning meeting:
Our PLC will meet on Saturday afternoon to plan our activities for the next 18 months.  Please have your son look at the link below and complete it for us to use at our meeting on Saturday.  It will be beneficial to us as we plan what the scouts want for the next 18 months.  Here is the link to sign up for activities that your scout wants to do over the next 18 months.  I have asked for an email address for you to receive your selections and your son can change his selections before Saturday.  You will also be able to see the charts and selections for everyone in the group.

Softball Tournament:
We have been asked to help with the cleanup at the softball fields again this year.  We will meet at the softball fields at on Saturday morning between 7 and 8 am, on Saturday night between 8 pm and 9 pm and again on Sunday between 6 pm and 7:30 pm.  Here is the link to sign up to help.  Your scout can earn money for his account depending on the number of scouts and the time they are able to help during these times.  I will need one adult with a truck to help with the collection of trash on Saturday and Sunday night.  If you are willing, please let me know.  

Franklin County Fair:
Jonathan Carney asked for me to pass along that he would like to have some scouts at the Franklin County Fair tomorrow.  I got the information last night after our meeting was over, but wanted to pass along the information to you in case you were already going there and wanted to help.  He said that you can meet him at Gate 5 at 9 am tomorrow morning in full scout uniform.  I know it is too late for many and information like this need to be shared with me sooner so that I could send it to the troop during the previous week.  I wish you luck with the event tomorrow Jonathan.  I did see Sam on TV tonight with the bunnies at the fair!

-- 
Phillip Freeman
Scoutmaster, Troop 136 in Grove City, OH 

No comments:

Post a Comment