Sunday, January 5, 2020

January and February events, Mystery Campout and summer camp...

Happy New Year!

As we begin this year, I hope that you have enjoyed the time with friends and family.  I know these past few weeks are busy for most, so I hope you enjoyed the time with them.  I know I enjoyed my time with friends and family.

PLC Meeting: We will again meet at 3 pm for the PLC Meeting with training first, dinner will be offered (pizza), and then planning for the month of January and February.  The January focus will be on Camping.

Committee Meeting: Please plan to attend the Committee Meeting at 6 pm. 

January Campout: We will be going to Camp Manatoc and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this month.  We have 13 people going, 8 youth and 5 adults.  We have already purchased the tickets to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  We will have a focus on cooking for the scouts and visiting the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Court of Honor:  Our Court of Honor will be on Tuesday, January 14th.  More details to follow after the Committee Meeting.

February: We will meet during the month and discuss the topic Caving.  Our monthly activity right now is a trip to see the Buckeyes hockey game on Friday, February 14th.  Our plan would be to stay at the church on Friday night and then go karting and to an Escape Room on Saturday, February 15th.  More details to follow.

Mystery Campout:  We had a parent meeting about the event.  If you need more details about the event, please see me personally.  I will be able to share these with you privately.  Since there are Scouts on this email, I will not be including this type of information in this email. 

New Years Resolution:  I know that some of you have made or are considering making some resolutions to start the year.  I have considered some as the Scoutmaster of the troop.  I want to thank you for being patient with me this past year as the new Scoutmaster.  I will be sharing these at the Committee Meeting tomorrow night.

Summer Camp:  As a reminder, our troop will be attending MVSR June 28 - July 4.  There is also an opportunity for those that want to go to another week to go to Chief Logan July 5 - 11.  Going to Chief Logan should not be in lieu of summer camp at MVSR.  I wanted for the scouts to have the opportunity to experience Chief Logan should the council decide to close the camp this year. 

--
Phillip Freeman
Scoutmaster, Troop 136 in Grove City, OH 

No comments:

Post a Comment